Friday, July 13, 2012

Three...

Teaser #3
   
This is crazy.  Evidently each of us; Mom, Dad and me have to be interviewed by a court appointed advocate.  I don’t even know what kind of questions they’ll ask.  What if I mess up?  What if I give them the wrong answers and they give me away to the next passerby?  
     This is the kind of thing I used to run over to Wren’s place and consult with her about.  I really miss being able to do that.  Sometimes, I really just want to talk to my best friend.  So instead, I try to call Jeanie on the phone.  Her mom answers and says that she’s out at her Dad’s.  I grab Bert and go to my room and listen to my new iPod.  Some stupid song with a repetitive chorus lasts an eternity.  I turn it back off and fall asleep early.  
     That night, I have a dream that I’m late for class at school and can’t remember my locker combination.  Joey is the only one who knows it.  In the dream, he tauntingly holds the scrap of paper with the combination of numbers high above his head where I can’t reach it.  When I wake up, I feel irritated.

No comments:

Post a Comment