Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm an INFJ, what are you?

Yesterday, on a whim, I took a personality test that categorized me as INFJ (introvert, intuitive, feeling, judging). Apparently, only one percent of the population tests at this level. I wasn’t exactly sure how I felt about that. I mean, for obvious reasons, it validated how I can really feel so outside the box with my unorthodox views. But on the other hand, it left me feeling a bit lonely, because I don’t always connect with the rest of the world.

After all, here are some infamous INFJ types:

Adolf Hitler
Osama bin Laden
Mel Gibson
Ayatollah Khomeini

All of a sudden, my #axisofevilpickuplines tweets don’t seem so funny anymore… Are you sure you're not a terrorist? Because you've just captured my heart and are holding it hostage. #axisofevilpickuplines or Was that an explosion or did you just rock my world? #axisofevilpickuplines. When I am in heaving editing mode, I pretend I am an evil dictator that has to “kill my darlings”, i.e. get rid of prose I love if it does not advance the story plot. I like to play Napoleon with a guillotine. But it’s pretend! Really!

On the brighter side, here are some more idol worthy INFJ types:

Mother Teresa
Oprah Winfrey
Martin Luther King Jr.
Nathaniel Hawthorne
Agatha Christie
Dante Alighieri
Edward Norton
Cate Blanchett
Noam Chomsky
Carrie Fisher
Billy Crystal
Mahatma Gandi
Jimmy Carter
Plato

INFJ’s are pretty even in terms of utilizing both left and right brain talents (case in point: I’m an aerospace engineer turned novelist). And here is an excellent description of the INFJ personality. Pretty amazingly accurate, I think.

What type are you?  Go here to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment